> Through the looking glass: QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS I HAVE GIVEN

WELCOME TO MY SITE
I have written this blog mainly through my interest of Stuart crystal. After being at home with my daughter I started to use my computer more often and I started selling my stuff on eBay which lead me to buying Stuart crystal from the art deco period with the Stratford rings. After searching the web for more information on this style I found there is not much information around. So I started to write this site which includes pictures of my collection and some of my other interests. As I collect more I will be adding other pictures as well (I'm sure other designs will creep in).

I have had several questions regarding the value of Stuart Crystal glasses, I'm sorry I am unable to give valuations as I am a private collector, and I do not have that knowlege. I have picked Stuart glasses up from as little as 20p up to a few pounds So they are worth whatever people are prepared to pay!

So I hope you enjoy reading my site, find some of my posts interesting and the pictures are a useful reference.

Subscribe in a reader

Please feel free to use my guestbook .
If you have enjoyed a particular post you can leave a comment on each post, or even subscribe to my reader.
Guestbook
Guestbook RSS feed
Add to GoogleAddThis Social Bookmark Button


QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS I HAVE GIVEN

QUESTION

I am looking at purchasing a tall diamond cut lemonade jug.
I am a bit concerned that the jug-only available-has no "Stuart" marking on it. The dealer assures me that this is common.
Could you please advise me if this is the case.
Best wishes from Australia.
Rhonda.

ANSWER

Hi, Rhonda yes this is common some Stuart items do not have a mark on them. From what I have learned if there is not a mark it is usually because the item of glassware is second grade (i.e there is a slight flaw) If you examine the item there my be mark or bubbles in the crystal or the pattern may be slightly uneven, but still good enough to sell. Have you checked the pattern is a recognised Stuart pattern? Some of my Stuart pieces do not have the makers mark. I also have a item where the mark is so worn I can only just see the 'S' in certain lights. hope this helps. Loraine.

QUESTION

Hello,
I"m sorry but I could not find your name on your website. Great site by the way. I see that you know your glass, and was wondering if you could tell me, if you have ever seen a piece like mine. I have researched for hours and can not find any info on it. When I enter or look up crystal dish that is the shape of a crown I get the same thing everytime. I get the king's crown glass. Would you be so kind to tell me if you have ever seen a dish like mine and tell me who made it. It sure looks like a crown to me. I can not find any makers mark on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Cindy

PICTURE BEEN LEFT OUT(PERSONAL PICTURE)

ANSWER

Hi, Cindy, Unfortunatley I havent seen anything like this before, it is a unusual piece, I have had a look at the sites I use for reference and found nothing to indicate who made it or as you say when you look in search it does only come up with The king's crown glass.
This site may be of use to you you can post your picture and hopefully get a response. http://www.glassmessages.com/
If you dont mind I will keep your email so if I come across anything like it I can let you know.
Sorry I couldnt help you.
Regards Loraine.

2 comments:

    Actually i plan to purchasing a tall diamond cut lemonade some wonderful collections and models long ago,till seeing yours i have no idea.It is very useful for me,Thank you
    ---------
    David Jones


    Promoter

     

    I found your blog when I was looking for a different kin of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great.
    I have some relevant information you can review below.
    melbourne windscreen replacement
    melbourne windscreens

     

comments

Enhanced with Snapshots

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum