> Through the looking glass: STUART CRYSTAL LETTER OPENER (pic16)

WELCOME TO MY SITE
I have written this blog mainly through my interest of Stuart crystal. After being at home with my daughter I started to use my computer more often and I started selling my stuff on eBay which lead me to buying Stuart crystal from the art deco period with the Stratford rings. After searching the web for more information on this style I found there is not much information around. So I started to write this site which includes pictures of my collection and some of my other interests. As I collect more I will be adding other pictures as well (I'm sure other designs will creep in).

I have had several questions regarding the value of Stuart Crystal glasses, I'm sorry I am unable to give valuations as I am a private collector, and I do not have that knowlege. I have picked Stuart glasses up from as little as 20p up to a few pounds So they are worth whatever people are prepared to pay!

So I hope you enjoy reading my site, find some of my posts interesting and the pictures are a useful reference.

Subscribe in a reader

Please feel free to use my guestbook .
If you have enjoyed a particular post you can leave a comment on each post, or even subscribe to my reader.
Guestbook
Guestbook RSS feed
Add to GoogleAddThis Social Bookmark Button


STUART CRYSTAL LETTER OPENER (pic16)

Stuart crystal letter opener
This is a unusual item for me to collect but I saw it and couldn't resist.

The handle catches the light beautifully.

I haven't been able to find another picture of one on the Internet, I have found a Waterford crystal one. -Waterford took over Stuart in 1995-.
check out Style & Designs brief history of Stuart. http://www.stylendesign.co.uk/guidepages/estoz1.html



As you can see Stuart Crystal is clearly marked on the blade of the opener. I do not have any idea on how old this letter opener is.

It is in very good condition, there is a very tiny flea bite to a couple of the corners, but they are very hard to find.

It measures 8.5 inches in length.

3 comments:

    Hi,
    That is a very pretty piece, you are lucky to have it! :)
    Cindy
    www.adayinthelifeofcindy.blogspot.com

     
    On October 26, 2008 at 11:01 AM Anonymous said...

    Hi there,

    Just seen this while browsing and I have the exact letter opener, boxed still with stuart crystl stciker on in mint condition and can't find one anywhere else and value it? Do you mind if I ask how much you paid?

    Thanks

    James

    iom147@yahoo.co.uk

     

    Hi James,
    I'll be honest I can't remember the exact price I paid for the letter opener, but I did get it cheap on eBay. So the value of yours I can't help with I'm afraid,as I have not found out about mine, i.e date ect.,
    If I do I will publish anything I find out.
    Regards..

     

comments

Enhanced with Snapshots

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum