> Through the looking glass: MY FIRST ANTIQUES &COLLECTORS FAIR SEP 15th & 16th 2007

WELCOME TO MY SITE
I have written this blog mainly through my interest of Stuart crystal. After being at home with my daughter I started to use my computer more often and I started selling my stuff on eBay which lead me to buying Stuart crystal from the art deco period with the Stratford rings. After searching the web for more information on this style I found there is not much information around. So I started to write this site which includes pictures of my collection and some of my other interests. As I collect more I will be adding other pictures as well (I'm sure other designs will creep in).

I have had several questions regarding the value of Stuart Crystal glasses, I'm sorry I am unable to give valuations as I am a private collector, and I do not have that knowlege. I have picked Stuart glasses up from as little as 20p up to a few pounds So they are worth whatever people are prepared to pay!

So I hope you enjoy reading my site, find some of my posts interesting and the pictures are a useful reference.

Subscribe in a reader

Please feel free to use my guestbook .
If you have enjoyed a particular post you can leave a comment on each post, or even subscribe to my reader.
Guestbook
Guestbook RSS feed
Add to GoogleAddThis Social Bookmark Button


We (being my two sisters and I) decided sell at a antiques fair, We thought how hard can this be. We booked and payed for our stand. Then the night before we had no tables to display our stuff!! After much head scratching we managed to borrow three paste tables off a neighbour in our village (lucky). We arrived there (Park Hall, in Oswestry) the day before to claim our spot, but now what!

The experienced sellers were already there with their caravans and gazebos. So we drove home to fetch my tent, now the fun started we had to put it up. We managed, borrowed a couple of rubber mallets and got it up (With a few bent pegs). Yes! Now we were set.

The first morning of the fair we had to get up at the crack of dawn, well it felt like it actually it was 6.30 in the morning. After a mug of coffee we were off. We borrowed my partners 4x4 loaded up (never drove it before,lucky there was not much traffic in the morning) we put up the paste tables and displayed our stuff, It looked nice we had mainly glass as we all like collecting glass, I think we all spent a lot of the day questioning the other sellers for tips and looking at their stuff trying our hardest not to buy anything. One stall holder actually brought a vase of ours to sell on their store (to which I am quite proud of as I brought it on a car boot and made profit). Myself and my next sister up manage not to buy anything but our oldest sister couldn't resist, she kept slipping off and coming back with something in the guise of going to the toilet!(mmm). We didn't do brilliantly but not to badly, apparently it was a quieter show than normal... We spent two days standing around chatting and drinking coffee. I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was a great experience.

The second day we nearly gave up the wind was very strong so we ended up putting our glass on the floor. Sellers lost a lot of stuff (Great British weather) blowing over, we stuck it out and sold a little more. We did come back with a load of stuff but we did sell some as well.
Now we want to do another fair (bitten by the bug). We are already buying stuff on eBay, car boots, and charity shops. But this time we are not only collecting glass but some other bits & bobs as well.

I have to confess if I had seen any Stuart crystal I would have brought some home with me, unfortunately or maybe luckily I found none!!!!

I would highly recommend the experience to anyone that enjoys collecting or selling antiques or collectables....

The organisers of the antique fair were AMULET FAIRS. http://www.amuletfairs.co.uk/


1 comments:

    I enjoyed it as well, but I didn't always use the loo as an excuse. The stuff looks good on my shelf. Also look foreward to the next one.

     

comments

Enhanced with Snapshots

Blogger Templates by Blog Forum